Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Davao Travelogue - Day 1 (Eden Nature Park)

August 09 2014


Our first stop was Eden Nature Park.  I have made numerous researches in the internet to find popular destinations in Davao, and always Eden ranks in the top destinations.  So I checked it out.  It was a lucky find because they were offering some kind of promo which slashed rooms rates to 70% off. I though it was too good to be true... so what could be the catch? Hmmm...

Anyway my curiosity was really piqued and I made a booking there for a night. We asked Jun the manager of Eden if he could arrange a transpo for us going to Eden, but he warned us that it would be a bit pricey because the place is far from the city proper. And so it was. Taxi fare is 1000 pesos!  But I took it anyway because convenience is far more important for me especially that this is my first visit and I have no intention of lugging my suitcase around the city in search of a cheap ride.

The road trip to Eden...





Because of the Welcome sign, we knew we were not alone.  There were also quite a number of visitors checking in...



The trees which greeted us were majestic.  The air was cool and everything is green.


My sister posed in front of a giant Durian and Orchid...


She looked goofy here...


 And so we checked our reservations at the Front Desk.



That is how it looks in full...