Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Davao Travelogue - Day 1

Davao Travelogue - Part I (August 9 2014)


All trips must start somewhere. And mine started when my Boss Ben, broached the idea of meeting him in Davao.  He is actually US based but he will be conducting some training here in the Philippines.  And I thought why not? I have never been to Davao.  And if I won't come and see him, I will never have the excuse of going there. And I have been wishing of having a chance to visit Davao one day. And my wish is coming true...


So there I was, my bag was packed and all set to go...

I brought my sister with me because she has never set foot in Davao too. And it is a good chance for her to visit it together with me.


Surprisingly there were a lot of travelers that Saturday morning and there was a queue.


We took a Cebu Pacific flight to Davao because of the promo fare. Cheaper compared to PAL.


My sister sans make-up... but beaming with excitement!


Mactan International airport was its usual sparkling and immaculate self.





Inside the plane and all set to go...





On flight and waiting for the touchdown...


Finally we arrived! Francisco Bangoy International Airport...




We boarded a neon orange colored taxi.  We find it cute because in Cebu all taxis are white except the airport taxis which are yellow cabs.