Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dauis Church

I found these 2 old beautiful photographs of Dauis Church before the earthquake and again borrowed them to show how it look before.



For now, this is how it looks while repairs and restoration are going on. At least Dauis Church is not as devastated as Loay and Loboc churches. But the massive repairs will probably take years and will cost a huge amount of money...






We had a chance to take a peek inside the church for a little while...



As in old traditional churches, there are always parks near churches. The same is true with Dauis Church.


So is their Municipal Building. Dauis Municipal Building is very much near Dauis Church and it got a fresh new look...


My sister and I regretted we were not able to see these churches before they were heavily damaged. Perhaps the next generation will also feel the same way, unless these damaged churches can be fully restored.

I wished I could have covered more places in Bohol and see other old churches. But I didn't have much time. I saw this blog Ivan about Town, it covered interiors of the churches I have visited and others that I haven't. It is a good reference.

Hopefully I can come back and see more of Bohol...